Sunday, July 1, 2007

Taylorsville Days - Yes, we're white trash, too.


I told .Michelle that out of all the summertime festive carnivals we could attend, its interesting that we never fail to make time for the most ghetto of them all- Taylorsville Days.


At one point I went to get a drink at the drinking fountain and got in line behind who I can only assume was a mother- with her two little girls. When they couldn't figure out how to turn on the dinking fountain, the mother pointed it out for them: "Right here, you bumsh-ts!" It was then that i realized I was in the company of giants- about 4000 of them.



Each year, Michelle's Aunt Marge has a 'come one, come all' celebration at her house. She lives right next to Taylorsville park where all the fun takes place. The evening begins with Sloppy Joes. Mmmmmmm (I put potato chips on mine). We were supposed to bring our own drinks but didn't. I was so grateful to Grandpa Dee for bringing a cooler full of grocery-store-brand sodas - I grabbed a grape! I'm guessing he got them at Kohlers because I'd seen him there earlier that day. I avoided him, then, which I should've done when we got to aunt Marge's because I was holding Tay when we saw him and she has never squeezed me so tight! She wrapped her arms and legs around me and scrambled to somehow get closer to me and far, far away from this man who could not have been scarrier had he been dressed in a wasp costume.



At nine we walked over to the park with everyone and layed out our blankets in prep for the fireworks. A lot happened in the hour prior to them beginning but it'll be enough for me to just say that I honestly think that Kellen is on cocaine (not that I was ever on cocaine, but i told Michelle that's exactly how I acted before my mission) and that Texas Twister has iced tee in it.



The fireworks began and it was a glorious show. We danced and had a blast!



This was typed with the five fingers of my left hand and my right-hand thumb.

3 comments:

Hallie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hez Face said...

hi i just signed up

Hez Face said...
This comment has been removed by the author.