Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sisters Weekend 2007!!!






This story dates back to Fall Semester 2002 at Utah State University. It was my last semester of unmarried college life, and I must admit, my favorite. I felt like the luckiest girl ever to be living with such amazing roommates. Three of them were returned missionaries from the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania mission, namely Marie, Steph, and Brook. Well, I some how managed to squeeze my way into their friendship circle, and life has never been the same since!

Last year we decided to start what we call "sisters weekend". A tradition where once a year we get together for a weekend and reminisce of the good ol' days, and create new memories together. Last year it was held here in Provo, and this year we held it in L.A., where Brookie is currently living with her hubby Mike. Here is just a taste of some of the events that took place . . .


On Friday July 27th we went to the Jay Leno show shortly after arriving in L.A. and eating lunch at Taco Bell. It was so awesome to be so close to someone that always seemed so far away on T.V. I enjoyed seeing Jay more then his guest stars (Kevin James from Chuck and Larry, and some guy who swam long distance in the North Pole). Before the show it was fun to watch Marie who was one of about 6 people picked from the audience to do some dance on stage to kill time before the show started. She was one hot tamale! We were not allowed to take pics in there, so sorry for the lack of. After the show we went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner, then walked around the beautiful City Hall. We then retired for the evening at Brookies beautiful home after chatting the night away.

The next morning we did a little (o.k., alot) of shopping at some of those stores that Utah seems to have neglected. I found a few fun things, including a skirt that I wear at least every other day.


After lunch we checked into our Hotel room, compliments of Marie. She had enough travel points to score us a room in the Marriott Hotel on Huntington Beach. Aaaahhhh, those beds are wonderful! After a little reeelaxation, we headed down to the beach where we roasted hotdogs and of course, made s'mores. mmmmmmmm. This was probably my favorite part of sisters weekend. Everything about it was perfect. It was so surreal to just sit on the sand next to our little camp fire eating gooey s'mores as the moon light shined down and the ocean serenaded us. Later that evening we went swimming and hot tubing at the hotel and had a Birthday celebration for Brookie. It was the type of day that could have been ended with "and we lived happily ever after".


Sunday morning we caught a 9:00 sacrament meeting at some random California ward. They actually served wine instead of water! Haha, but it was a pretty cool ward. We then decided to take full advantage of the free buffet breakfast back at the Marriott. Don't mind if I did make a perfectly crisp Belgian waffle topped with strawberries and syrup! My mouth still waters just thinking about it.

The rest of the afternoon we spent walking along Huntington Beach where there was actually a huge surf competition. If I would have known, I totally could have entered. I guess I will have to gain my fame and fortune some other way. But seriously, I just loved spending time with the sista's. They are always so fun and uplifting to be with. I feel like we are all a match made in Heaven. I am so grateful to have such inspirational friends. It was sad to see the vacation come to an end as we said our farewells at the airport. Now I can only dream of what fun adventures we will have at the next sisters weekend! Thanks girls!!!




2 comments:

Daron said...

Thanks for the trip report. It's good to hear that you were doing good things with your friends and not just attending a swingers convention.

Hallie said...

whoa whoa whoa...wine? really?