Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wish we all could be California girls!

One thing Khyl and I have in common is that we are very spontaneous. The only way we know how to travel is spur of the moment. So far it has actually worked out pretty well for us. I remember growing up that is always how my dad loved to travel as well. He would sometimes tell us just hours before we left for vacations. I had packing down to under 10 minutes. Toothbrush, underwear, and a change of clothes.

You can imagine how much convincing it took to leave to California when Khyl came home from work last Saturday after a long, freezing cold day with the kids. Absolutely none. We left after church on Sunday the 10th, and returned home last Wednesday morning. It was alot of driving in such a short period of time, but as soon as I walked out of the hotel room Monday morning to see palm trees and feel the warm sun beat on my bare feet, it was all worth it. First thing in the Morning Taylor wanted to put on her swim suit and go swimming in the cold hotel pool. She ended up getting in the hot tub, which was actually leuk warm.

We then drove to Huntington Beach and hung out all afternoon while we took turns trying to surf on boards that we borrowed from my sister Stephanies Father-in-law. I seriously got wasted by the waves. It was Taylors first time seeing the ocean, and it was adorable how much she loved it. We told her that was where Ariel lived.

On Tuesday we went to Disneyland. We couldn't resist. Our hotel lobby had a big Micky Mouse in it, and as we were driving right by the borders of "It's a small world" ride, the temptation became too great to resist. The truth is, I think I enjoyed it more than Taylor. I thought she would go nuts when she saw all the Characters and stuff, but I think most of it was too over stimulating for her. Poor girl. I think it may have been a combination of being exhausted from the day before and feeling a little overwhelmed. She had a hard time getting over her fear of the Snow White ride and Pirates of the Caribbean. The last few hours of the day she enjoyed more as we sat together and watched the parade. She does still talk about it often though, so I like to think she really enjoyed herself. I know I did!

7 comments:

Angie said...

That trip sounds heavenly! This winter cold bites! Sometimes spontaneous trips are the best because then you just work it out and don't worry too much about the details!

Tuttles said...

You guys are so fun! I want to go to Disneyland sooo bad.

The Farrell Family said...

Hi there. It's Ashley Farrell here. :) I saw your name on Angie Haskins' blog and thought I'd pop in and say hi. It was fun to see your cute family and see what you guys have ben up to. Sounds like you guys had a fun Cali trip. I love that you are so spontaneous. You must be related to Steph. ;)

Bri or Aaron said...

How fun! I wish you would have stopped by our place on your way home! We are right off the freeway in George. I've missed seeing you and everyone up north!

Bale Family said...

I love your spontaneous Michelle! That looks like so much fun! You've inspired me to try talk Tony into going somewhere! I am done with the snow as much fun as it can be. Your girls are too cute by the way! Hopw to see you soon.

Justin M. Bowen said...

So fun! That is crazy cause we had a spontanious trip to Cali as well last week. Maybe passed you on the 15! Let's get together someday! Love ya, Linds

Natasha said...

You want chopped ham!? BAM!
You want chopped onions!? BAM!
You want a vacation!? BAM!

Call 1(800)555-6666 for your bullet blender today!

BUT WAIT!! If you call in the next 15 minutes, I'll throw in my new and improved vacation blender ABSOLUTELY FREE!!

(We miss you guys)