Friday, January 18, 2008

5 Years - Happy Anniversary Michelle!

Dear Shelly,

Happy anniversary! That's right, I said it first this morning at midnight. I always do.

5 Years ago - right about now, actually - we were getting hitched. My, oh my, how time seems to fly. Last night I read some of my journal entries from when we were dating. I can't believe that you got cold feet. Thanks for taking a chance on me! I'd venture to say that your gamble has paid off. I mean, I haven't been the perfect husband, true, but we've had some good times, no doubt. Last night you said to me "think of all the stuff we've been through together- we've had so many changes." I thought a lot about that. Many of the biggest life changes we'll go through here in life have occurred in the 5 years since we wed. We've had a chance to experience so much together - good AND bad...
  • We had a baby
  • We climbed Mt. Timpanogas
  • You read the BOM for the first time
  • You got your first root canal
  • I finally quit a job using the whole two weeks notice thing
  • We lived in Hawaii
  • We bought a house - and refinanced it
  • We got into an intense lawsuit
  • I got promoted
  • You became a master esthetician
  • We lost our virginity
  • We've moved 6 times
  • I got in my first fender bender
  • We lived in a mansion
  • We surfed!
  • You lost your dad
  • You lost your brother
  • We fell in love
  • We became landlords
  • We had our first domestic dispute
  • I went on my first helicopter ride
  • I flipped a house
  • We sold that jeep
  • We lived in your mom's basement
  • We got married
  • Taylor said her first prayer
  • You went brown
  • We lost over $10k in an investment
  • I finally got over Nicole Hansen
  • We had another baby
  • I was in a plane crash
  • I survived a plane crash!
  • We had our first Christmas morning at home
  • We became parents
  • We started a business
  • I was in a bishopric
  • You started your first business
  • We sold that Camry
  • We went to Disneyland together
  • I cut my finger up really bad on the table saw
  • I built a website
  • We read the BOM together for the first time
  • Taylor broke her arm
  • You bought something on eBay
  • We went on our first cruise
Like two different-colored globs of Tay's Play-Dough, we've been , rolled, pulled, yanked, dragged, stretched, mashed & smashed into one. But we've been molded into something beautiful (that's mostly you).

I love you so much, Shelly. I can't imagine going through so much joy ever again. With you, though, i don't doubt I'm in for a surprise. I'm seriously excited to become famous country music stars. Once we've got our recording studio finished there'll be no stopping us!

5 Years and ready for 5 million more...

8 comments:

brooke said...

so sweet! you kids make such a great couple, always an inspiration to the rest of us.

Tuttles said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! That is so sweet! I'm about to cry!

Tuttles said...

michelle, i tagged you. look at my blog and follow the directions.

Tuttles said...

Geah! Nicole Hansen!!!!!!!!!!!
Tay Tay

sienna said...

Ohhh- that made me cry! You guys are so cute. Happy 5th anniversary- time flies, huh?

Hallie said...

oaaahhhhh!!! I like this post a lot!

Angie said...

Ok. That was seriously so sweet and creatively done. I love it!

Natalie. said...

Ok, HI! I am so happy to see you on here. I have to say that that was the most beautiful thing ever. I loved reading it. . . every bit of it! Natalie (Link) Norton